SUMMARY: Performs manual and machine operator tasks related to the set-up, maintenance and operation of the press. Responsible for quantitative and qualitative press performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads, reviews and understands the assigned and scheduled job according to the detailed specifications on the job ticket, QMS documents, the spec sheet(s), customer spec sheets(s), and proofs, including the approved press samples, in order to set-up and run the required equipment.
- Is responsible for ensuring that all required materials and components for the job are available and at the press. These include; stock, dies, print cylinders, inks, pumps, color standards for premium colors, etc.
- Inspects all components for acceptable quality before running the job. These include such items as dies, plates, stock, inks, auxiliary equipment, etc. Inspects samples for fine detail sometimes using tools as digital scopes, micrometers, spectrophotometers, fine rulers.
- Selects the correct color sequence and makes needed adjustments to anilox & doctor rollers.
- Completes the make-ready and installs all required auxiliary equipment in order to meet or perform the necessary job specifications. Has test-runs using make-ready stock to verify the accuracy of the set-up.
- Achieves press “OK” (match/approval) on the job proofs under the direction of the Director of Manufacturing or Production Shift Supervisor.
- Proofs all copy and performs a die test. Compares die registration and copy placement.
- Balances and maintains ink systems for print quality.
- Maintains equal or better quality than the OK’d sample throughout the production run, flagging all poor quality product.
- Performs a complete quality check, at the end of every printed roll, by comparing it to the OK’d sample utilizing any required quality inspection equipment. Performs a die test, at the end of every roll, on all jobs. Checks for offsetting on liner. Makes any required adjustments.
- Performs all necessary written documentation according to required specifications.
- Checks the next scheduled job to determine if any components presently at press site will also be required for the next scheduled job.
- Dismounts or removes all auxiliary equipment which is not common to the next job, and performs the required clean-up procedures.
- When appropriate, directs the maintenance, clean-up, and set-up work tasks of the press assistants to aide in the efficient running of the presses & performs routine and preventive maintenance on all assigned equipment. Keeps work area neat and clean. Other duties as assigned.
2+ years of experience operating narrow web flexographic presses
High school general education or GED equivalent. Must be able to read, write legibly, and perform basic mathematical calculations dealing with weights and dimensions. Must satisfactorily complete pre-employment background check, physical, drug, and skills tests, and test in the normal range for color on vision exam.
Meyers is an equal opportunity employer