The Manufacturing Engineer role is a production support role responsible for equipment reliability, efficiency, and operability. This role will ensure uptime and efficiency of equipment within the label and card production environments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Production Support- Provide technical support for production related activities.
Troubleshooting- Identify root causes and resolve equipment and operator related issues. Ensure uptime and throughput of equipment.
Continuous Improvement- Utilize data, systems and experience to identify and execute on improvement opportunities. (yield, efficiency, equipment uptime, repeat failures, etc.)
Training- Train and lead others towards improved skillsets. Identify opportunities and close the knowledge or skill gap.
Documentation- Maintains records and documentation as required. Create and track improvement dashboards.
Other: Duties as assigned.
- 5 years minimum experience working in a electrical/mechanical technical support role.
- 2 year ASSOCIATES DEGREE with a focus on mechanical or electronic systems OR additional 5 years equivalent experience (7 years total minimum requirement without education requirement).
- Demonstrates a broad range of technical competencies as it relates to production and packaging equipment.
- Understands the components of various packaging, printing, and production equipment.
- Demonstrates strong mechanical troubleshooting abilities, identifies and resolves issues utilizing systematic problem solving methods. Ability to diagnose the root cause of the problem on equipment and resolve issues with a minimum loss of production.
- Knowledge of machine controls, their functions and settings, including electrical / electronic devices such as photoelectric sensors, vision systems, safety devices and switches.
- Must be able to operate computerized or computer controlled equipment, understand computer interface systems and operating systems.
- Ability to use various power tools, as well as diagnostic / measurement instruments such as micrometers, calipers, gauges, multi-meters and tachometers.
- Read and understand drawings, schematics and equipment / technical manuals and documentation.
- Exhibits flexibility acquired through training to be utilized at any position as needed on all production and packaging equipment within the facility, or elsewhere in the facility, or as a trainer.
- Maintains work area, tools and equipment in a clean, safe, organized manner.
- Follows written and oral instructions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates mechanical issues or requests assistance in a timely manner to the maintenance and management staffs in order to avoid lost production time. (with both internal and external stakeholders)
- Ability to identify and recommend spare parts and supplies necessary to maintain efficient operation of equipment.
- May assist Supervisor/lead as needed.
- Working experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access (moderate to advanced level)
- Must be able to read, write legibly, follow verbal and written instructions, and perform basic mathematical calculations dealing with weights and dimensions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment.
- Ability to create documentation on complicated tasks to create repeatable processes.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Must satisfactorily pass pre-employment background screen, physical exam and drug test.
- High attention to detail
- Competent in proofreading
- Has the ability to work with teams and multitask
An understanding of personalization technologies, including bar codes and magnetic stripe encoding.
Equipment and technical support within the card and label industry.
Experience with card processing equipment. (Multi-feeder, Versa, Card Feeding, Ink Jet systems,etc.)
Meyers is an equal opportunity employer