SUMMARY: Performs CSR / Account Manager work using discretion and independent judgment to service both internal and external customers. Develops favorable working relationships with customers by assisting Salespersons and cooperating with Customers, & other departments as needed to obtain, provide or clarify information concerning quotations, orders, pricing, services, scheduling, billing, shipping, quality, and order entry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for understanding and documenting specific customer needs and requirements to appropriately process customer job orders and communicate both verbally and in writing with the customer. Effectively trains and stays up-to-date with Salesperson to understand specific customer needs and requirements in order to provide appropriate customer service.
- Enters incoming work into the system according to ISO procedures & coordinates and resolves scheduling conflicts with customer.
- Process incoming finished inventory releases to meet customer delivery schedules.
- Ensures the order has a PO, if such is applicable to that account or the necessary commitment from the customer is present before purchases are made to produce the job; checks for credit authorization if necessary.
- Acts as inside customer contact for all work in process, communications for new specs. and quotes, changes in existing projects, proof approvals, and sample deliveries.
- Assists Sales in generating requests for quotations, getting estimates, pulling samples, pricing, writing up quotes and jobs, writing credits/NCRs/RGAs and covering press OKs.
- Work in cooperation with all departments to maintain on-time delivery schedules for customers. Attends daily production meetings.
- Monitors finished inventory levels in cooperation with Inventory Control and initiates timely replenishment of inventory as needed.
- Maintain & update accurate reports required by customer such as online status reports, specification libraries.
- Maintain files necessary to support Sales, customer and production functions. Archives files according to corporate retention schedule.
- Handles changes in specs by arranging for new or revised estimates and quotes to customers & provides customer and sales with alteration costs in a timely manner.
- Coordinates outsourcing of job related products or services to contract suppliers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES continued:
- Communicate changes to salesperson and ensures alteration costs are tracked and forwarded to Sales and/or customer for revised pricing.
- Follows the “Corporate Job Entry Procedures for Credit Authorizations” working cooperatively with the Project Managers and Credit Manager to process job orders and credit authorizations efficiently without any delays or interruptions in workload.
- Reviews proofs from Pre-Press prior to forwarding to Sales or customer for approval. Forwards returned proofs with all alterations or revisions clearly marked to Project Manager for revisions or corrections. Forwards final approved proofs from customer/Sales to Pr Mgr.
- Assist Sales in developing & documenting budgets, forecasts, marketing materials, samples & presentations.
- Travel outside the Twin Cities as necessary to visit customers.
- Participates as required with process improvement projects, & performs job duties in compliance with ISO procedures.
- Performs other job duties as may be assigned. Performs all assigned work efficiently and on schedule in accordance with all federal, state, local and company safety rules.
- Ability to work well with a variety of people, staff and customers. Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal & written; good organizational & math skills, familiarity with data entry, Mac software. Must be able to enter job orders with proficiency & accuracy.
- Position requires the ability to operate a keyboard with both alpha and numeric characters, and a working knowledge of Mac/PC Software to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Primac, Netscape Navigator, Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat, and Laser, & Fax Machines.
- Level of work activity is Sedentary and involves lifting 25 lbs. Maximum. Position requires the ability to perform repetitive data entry motions, have excellent eye/hand coordination, and manual dexterity. Must be able to move freely on foot throughout the plant, as occasional walking and standing is necessary in carrying out job duties.
2 or 4 year college degree preferred. Graphic Arts training or work experience desirable. Must be able to read, write legibly, follow verbal & written instructions, and perform basic math calculations dealing with weights & dimensions. Excellent verbal, written communication & organization skills. Must satisfactorily pass psychological profile, test in the normal range for color on vision exam, & satisfactorily pass pre-employment background check & drug test.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are considered to be the essential functions of the job position.
Meyers is an equal opportunity employer