3rd Shift: 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. Monday through Friday
SUMMARY: Performs efficiently various manual and machine operated tasks to process or package printed product according to customer specifications. Responsible for providing customers with a quality, packaged product in a timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads, reviews and understands the assigned and scheduled jobs according to specifications from the job tickets, spec. sheets, customer spec sheets, and proofs, including the approved press samples, in order to set up any required processing equipment and/or to accurately package the printed product.
- Sets up and operates any required equipment such as conveyors, tape machines, strapping machines, shrink wrappers, etc. in the correct manner meeting customer and material requirements.
- Performs manual tasks such as assembly kitting, inserting, hand folding, hand collating, taping, etc. efficiently and accurately according to job ticket and customer specifications.
- Prepares any required labels utilizing available computers and printing equipment; packs and labels finished product according to job specifications, customer instructions, and shipping requirements utilizing appropriate materials and procedures in order to eliminate waste, spoilage, and excess shipping costs.
- Maintains quality standards by inspecting for quality in the course of performing the various tasks assigned in the Hand Finishing Department.
- Performs all necessary written internal and external documentation with complete and accurate information as required by internal procedures (load tags, etc.) and/or customer specifications.
- Follows written and verbal instructions accurately; performs all assigned work efficiently, and on schedule.
- Keeps work area neat and clean; takes care of any equipment utilized following specified work procedures.
- Reports time and materials consumption accurately, limits waste of materials and supplies.
- Comes to work when assigned and on time, works overtime when requested according to company rules.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager or Shift Lead.
- Performs job duties in accordance with all corporate work policies and procedures and Federal, state, local, and company safety rules.
- Ability to follow verbal and written job instructions including those dealing with weights, dimensions and quantity. Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Level of work activity is usually heavy involving lifting and exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Must be able to move easily throughout the plant on foot, and stand for the majority of the work shift and perform pushing, pulling, stooping, bending, reaching, and lifting functions.
- Position requires the ability to operate smaller pieces of automated equipment. Basic mechanical aptitude and ability to perform repetitive manual tasks required. Manual dexterity and excellent eye/hand coordination are required to safely manipulate equipment settings utilize hand tools; move carts and skids with finished product throughout the plant.
Must be a high school graduate or GED equivalent. This is an entry-level position, which requires the ability to read, write legibly, follow verbal and written instructions, and perform basic mathematical calculations dealing with weights and dimensions and quantity. This entry-level position also requires the ability to operate automated equipment, and perform repetitive manual tasks. Must test in the normal range for color blindness. Must successfully pass pre-employment skills testing, background screen, physical and drug test.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are considered to be the essential functions of the job position.
Meyers is an equal opportunity employer